Union Pacific Greenview to Concord Rail

1 reply
Unlinked
Votes:
+1
Hello, as most of you have heard, I am constructing a new railroad, and seeking permission from Olas and the senate to bring this railroad into Greenview. This will be a formal proposal outlining the railroad's plan going forward. The maps below will be used to help discuss the proposal.

kTGjk82.jpg

The railroad began as a project to connect Greenview and Concord....before I knew there was a map of the world. When I found the map and realized how daunting of a task this was, I began some planning. Above is the general idea. The red section is the track that has already been completed as an example of what can be done. Approximately 1000 blocks long already it is the longest rail in the map, yet only one quarter of the proposed distance. The rail is composed of a 5 block wide, fully lit, and fenced track providing safe travel 24 hours a day. The yellow and green lines are what I hope to build. The line will hopefully continue into Greenview on one side, and on the other side continue over the Rocky mountains, then taking a fairly direct route through the forest, meandering through the swamp, before skirting the coast to the Serpents Pass bridge.

This route will be an incredible economic booster for both Greenview and Concord. It is planned to freely allow settlement along the line, creating a central corridor of players. Union Pacific will work to ensure that the route retains its scenic beauty and to integrate new settlements into the line as they appear. Already planned settlements outside the two end cities are marked with the blue star, and the yellow lightning bolt. The first will be a ski-resort high in the mountains, a perfect to escape for vacation, although rumors have it there is something mysterious in the mountains. The second settlement at the yellow lightning bolt is currently occupied by Kramerica Industries nuclear energy. This temporary company is providing the steel and concrete for the rails and bridges along the route. Once the railroad is complete, it will be demolished, and Grand Central station shall arise in its place, a terminal and hotel, the center of this line and the future lines of the Union Pacific railroad. There are four bridges to be constructed along the line that are sights to behold in and of themselves, each one being grander than the next.

WG2xNwT.jpg
The green star marks the first; Greenview crossing, a small through arch bridge, still under construction.

7esE905.jpg
The second, marked by the yellow star is the Verrazzano viaduct, already completed, a typical arch bridge.

KY0lkam.jpg
The third, at the blue star, will be the Michelangelo bridge, an impressive circular cable stayed suspension bridge over 60 blocks above the ground.

kpCrIlW.jpg
The fourth and final bridge will be the Serpents Pass bridge, a nearly 200 block long tower suspension bridge.

6hRDcMV.jpg
As is shown here, the railway seeks to continue into a small, currently unused section of Greenview between warp Greenview and map center. It will continue inward to the city above ground and along the coast in red, before going underground outside of the view of the beach homes, and tunneling underneath the stadium in the yellow. A subway station will be constructed in Greenview, Union Station. This station will be a large and spacious underground attraction, complete with a map, redstone, small shop spaces, the Union Pacific logo, and an efficient loading and unloading area. The grand opening for this station will be a red tape cutting event, with music, fireworks, and of course a mass riding of the new rail with an opportunity to find treasure along the new route!

Future expansions to the route could include going to Maddie's building area, or even further out to the south. At this time, Union Pacific is not seeking funding to complete the project, it will get done without it, however any support would be appreciated. The railway will be free to use, although when operational a $10 donation will be requested to help maintain and recover the construction costs of the line. I welcome any questions or concerns to be voiced in this thread. Now please enjoy our beautiful, tear jerking theme song. -Steth96, CEO, Kramerica Industries, Union Pacific
fc,550x550,white.jpg
Posted Mar 15, 19 · OP
List
Undo
minermil Admin
minermil @ Our Town
Votes:
+8
Online on Site
Associate
I, along with the senate of Greenview, will further review this when we can all be on together. This sounds like a very well thought out idea and I'm impressed with your development of it. We will talk about how it can tie in to the future plans of Greenview. Thank you again :)
Posted Mar 16, 19
List
Undo
NoticeNotices